There are many ways to volunteer for the DSPCA:
- If you are looking to do School Work Experience you will need to contact our education team, read more on School Work Experience here.
- You must have transportation directly to our rescue and rehoming centre. All bus routes only come within 1/2 to 2 miles from our rescue and rehoming centre and there are no footpaths on and leading up to Mount Venus Road so for the safety of our volunteers we ask that volunteers either drive themselves or get a lift directly to the centre.
- For insurance purposes all volunteers must be 16 years old or older. We cannot take any volunteers who are under 16 even with adult supervision.
- New Health & Safety regulations require anyone working in Animal Welfare must have a current Tetanus shot so all new volunteers must be up to date with their Tetanus requirements before they can start volunteering at the centre.
· Garda Vetting is now compulsory for all volunteers in the DSPCA. You can complete the relevant Electronic Vetting Inviter Application Form online at the following link here. Or if you prefer to print and complete, you can download if from here and drop it into the DSPCA with a number of forms of ID as seen here. For people under 18 years of age a parental consent form is needed for the Garda Vetting Form as well, please print off this form.
- For the printable DSPCA Volunteer Application form click here.
If you are interested in Volunteering please email Barry at email@example.com and he will email you back details.