Make this year a more humane year
- Ensure your pets have two forms of identification — a tag on the collar and a microchip. You can get your pet microchipped for as little as €25 at the DSPCA. Check with your friends to make sure their pets have proper ID too.
- Commit to walking your dog twice a day (remember this is good exercise for you too!). If you don’t have a dog, volunteer to walk a dog for an elderly neighbour or to walk dogs at your local shelter – the joy you give the animals will be returned a hundredfold.
- Talk to friends or colleagues who have animals that are not neutered about getting it done, its healthier for the animals and stops the problems of unwanted litters of puppies and kittens.
- Make a financial donation to an animal welfare rescue organization. Your help is always needed. Check out here on how you can donate to the DSPCA.
- Register to volunteer as a fundraiser at your local SPCA shelter or animal welfare group. We can’t exist without our amazing volunteers.
- Visit the DSPCA or your local animal shelter regularly to donate at least one item n their wish list (pet food, leashes, animal toys, etc.).
- Recycle as much of your household and office waste as possible – many thousands of animals are seriously injured or even killed because of dangerous rubbish.