*Applications Now Closed*
We have a unique opportunity to gain experience in a fast paced shelter environment. Full training will be provided.
- Minimum age 18
- Must have transport to and from the shelter.
- Commit to 2 days a week (Day options Tuesday to Friday but will be set days)
- Duration: 3 months with the potential to extend to 6 months on a voluntary basis.
Applicant must have:
- A passion for animal welfare
- The ability to volunteer in a fast paced environment
- Capable of working as a team player
- Good telephone manner
- Good communication skills
- Ability to use own innovative
- Basic computer skills
- Be confident handling dogs of all sizes and behaviours
- Possess a strong personal work ethic
*Please note this is a very physical role.
Daily duties will include but not be limited to:
- Cleaning kennels
- Preparing feeds
- Administering medication
- Providing behavioural enrichment & stimulation
- Walking dogs
- Socialising dogs in play groups
- Observing canine body language
- Basic obedience training
- Allocation of dogs to suitable families
- Basic temperament assessments
- Observing dog meets
- Observing family meets
- Adding dogs to website
- Making calls to potential adopters
- Managing emails
- Completing adoption & trial paperwork
To apply please email CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Must also describe your experience with dog handling to date.