Copyright Dublin SPCA 2023
Charity number CHY1047
Registered Charity Number 20001735
We have an exciting opportunity for a part-time position of employment at DSPCA Animal Shelter to work with our Equine Rehabilitation Team. We are looking for a suitable candidate to work Friday’s & Saturdays to assist in the care & rehabilitation of our equine rescues.
Must have good knowledge, training & experience of working with horses.
Knowledge of feeding horses, especially horses that are under veterinary care.
Knowledge & experience of handling a wide range of horses, ponies & donkeys, including equines with behavioural problems.
Knowledge & experience of basic veterinary treatments (applying poultice, giving oral medication, cleaning minor wounds).
Candidates must be open to working with other Animal Care Departments when required.
This job involves working outdoors and involves physical work.
Applicants must be physically fit and used to handling a wide range of equines.
Hours of work are 9.00am to 5.00pm, standard 7 hour working day.
Includes weekend & bank holiday work & covering for staff when on annual leave.
– General yard duties
– Mucking out, feeding, watering equines
– Daily check of all equines
– Rehabilitation work; teaching equines how to lead, tie up, pick up feet, load in trailer, etc
– Retraining equines with behavioural problems
– Preparing equines for finding their forever homes
– Daily handling, grooming of equines
– Basic veterinary treatments for equines under vet care
– Maintaining diary for farrier, vaccinations & worming programmes
– Other manual duties
Position is subject to Garda Vetting and reference check.
How to apply
To apply for the role please email your CV and cover letter to Claire