Thank you for your interest in adopting from the DSPCA. The shelter is open Tuesday - Sunday from 12 to 4pm.
Dog Adoption Process
1. View the dogs available for adoption on our website, register your interest for a dog and then visit the shelter to chat with a member of the adoptions team.
If you do not see a dog suitable for you and your family you can reigster your interest to let us know that you are Planning To Visit the shelter to chat about a suitable dog. Please note this is not a waiting list and you will not be contacted after your application has been received. It is only to speed up the adoption on your visit.
2. If you applied for a specific dog and your application is successful an adoption consultant will discuss in more detail with you on your visit to the shelter. If you have an existing dog an appointment will be made for a dog meet.
3. If you are visiting the shelter during walk-in times (12-4pm Tues-Sun), our site is dog friendly so you are welcome to bring your dog along but please note you cannot bring your dog inside the main rehoming kennels. We advise you to have a second person who may hold your dog outside or enjoy a coffee at our on-site Ruff Cafe while you take a look at the dogs available for adoption.
4. Once your application is processed and approved a foster period may be arranged with you to take the dog home for a weeks trial. Photo ID, proof of address is required for this along with a refundable reservation donation.
5. When the foster week is complete you must attend an adoption meeting with a member of the adoptions team. They are held on set days and by appointment only.
Cat Adoption Process
1. View the cats available for adoption.
2. Complete a "Register Your Interest Form" for a cat you'd like to adopt. If your application is successful an adoption consultant will call you.
3. An appointment will be arranged for you to complete the adoption process.
4. Adoption payment is required before you leave with your new cat.
NOTE - For kittens, please visit the cattery to see kittens available for adoption.
The adoption fee for a dog is €185 and the adoption fee for a cat is €99.
The adoption fee for small furries and other animal can be discussed in person.
The adoption fee covers the following:
Microchipping - Your pet will be microchipped and the microchip will be registered
Neutering - Your pet will be neutered
Flea and worming - Your pet will be up to date with flea and worming treatments
Vaccinations - Your pet will receive its’ primary vaccinations