DSPCA Animal Care Kids Summer Camp
Camp is Now Full - Sorry
The DSPCA are running a number of one week "Introduction to Animal Welfare" Camps for kids ages 12 – 16 in the DSPCA Campus in Rathfarnham.
We have space for 20 people each session and the camp will cost €185 (10% discount for Junior Members/10% discount for siblings).
The camp is from 9.30 – 4.00pm Monday – Friday and the first camp will start on Monday 13th June 2016.
Successful completion of the camp will award the person a DSPCA Animal Care Certificate as well as being a fun and educational week.
Courses will run:
- 13th - 17th June - Full
- 20th - 24th June - Full
- 27th June - 1st July - Full
- 4th - 8th July - Full
- 18th - 22nd July - Full
- 25th - 29th July - Full
- 2nd - 5th August (this is a 4 day camp for 6-11 year olds) book here. - Full
- 8th - 12th August - Full
- 15th - 19th August - Full
Course participants will learn:
- Care and handling of “small fluffy animals” (rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters, ferrets, etc.)
- The importance of environmental enrichment for farmyard animals
- Care and handling of reptiles and other exotics
- Care and handling of horses and equines
- Care and handling of cats
- Care and handling of dogs
- Dog training/Dog agility (in association with Kingofpaws Training Academy)
- Pet grooming
- Pet boarding and doggie day care management
- Basic Veterinary care
- Work of the DSPCA and a history of Irish Animal Welfare
- How to Run an Animal Charity and the importance of Fundraising
- Day Trip to Dublin Zoo to talk with the animal care and Education Staff
- All camp participants must have an up to date anti tetanus vaccine.
- Camp times start sharp at 9.30am so we would appreciate early arrival.
- Camp finishes sharp at 4pm.
- Suitable clothing for outdoor activities should be warn (no hoodies please). Remember to dress appropriately for the weather and to bring sun cream. Please refrain from wearing jewellery.
- Unfortunately we cannot take on people with animal allergies.
- Please notify us of any medical conditions or special requirements before applying.
- Mobile phones may be brought but we would ask that people refrain from using them during course times.
- Please bring a suitable pack lunch. Tea, Coffee and microwave facilities will be provided.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance