DSPCA Animal Care Kids Summer Camp
The DSPCA are running a number of one dat and one week Camps for kids in the DSPCA Campus in Rathfarnham this summer.
One Week Camps
We have space for 20 people each session and the camp will cost €195 (10% discount for Junior Members/10% discount for siblings).
We are running camps for diferent ages the list is below.
The camp is from 9.30 – 4.00pm Monday – Friday and the first camp will start on Monday 12th June 2017.
Courses will run:
- 12th - 16th June - 13 to 16 year olds
- 19th - 23rd June - 13 to 16 year olds
- 26th - 30th June - 13 to 16 year olds
- 3rd - 7th July - 10 to 12 year olds FULL
- 10th - 14th July - 13 to 16 year olds
- 17th - 21st July - 10 to 12 year olds
- 24th - 28th July - Sibling Camp 10 to 16 year olds book here
- 31st July - 4th August - 10 to 12 year olds
- 8th - 11th August (this is a 4 day camp for 6-11 year olds) Book Here
- 14th - 18th August - 13 to 16 year olds
Course participants will learn:
- Care and handling of “small fluffy animals” (rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters, ferrets, etc.)
- The importance of environmental enrichment for farmyard animals
- Care and handling of reptiles and other exotics
- Care and handling of horses and equines
- Care and handling of cats
- Care and handling of dogs
- Dog training/Dog agility
- Basic Pet First Aid
- Work of the DSPCA and a history of Irish Animal Welfare
- How to Run an Animal Charity and the importance of Fundraising
- Day Trip to Dublin Zoo to talk with the animal care and Education Staff
- All camp participants must have an up to date anti tetanus vaccine.
- Camp times start sharp at 9.30am so we would appreciate early arrival.
- Camp finishes sharp at 4pm.
- Suitable clothing for outdoor activities should be warn (no hoodies please). Remember to dress appropriately for the weather and to bring sun cream. Please refrain from wearing jewellery.
- Unfortunately we cannot take on people with animal allergies.
- Please notify us of any medical conditions or special requirements before applying.
- Mobile phones may be brought but we would ask that people refrain from using them during course times.
- Please bring a suitable pack lunch. Tea, Coffee and microwave facilities will be provided.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance