Sunday October 09, 2011
The DSPCA are delighted to play a part in keeping families and their pets united while supporting the work we do for less fortunate animals.
As part of our nationwide campaign of promoting responsible pet ownership,The DSPCA in association with Maxi Zoo Pet Stores will be offering microchipping at the significantly reduced rate of just €12
Locations,dates and times below.
- Maxi Zoo Finglas 13th August 12pm to 4pm
- Maxi Zoo Tallaght 27th August 12pm to 4pm
- Maxi Zoo Ballincollig 9th September 11pm to 4pm
- Maxi Zoo Douglas 10th September 11pm to 4pm
- Maxi Zoo Middelton 24th September 11pm to 4pm
- Maxi Zoo Limerick 25th September 11pm to 4pm
- Maxi Zoo Longford 8th October 12pm to 4pm
- Maxi Zoo Maynooth 22nd October 12pm to 4pm
- Maxi Zoo Naas 23rd October 12pm to 4pm
- Maxi Zoo Bray 5th November 12pm to 4pm
All restricted breed dogs must wear a muzzle.
Microchipping will be FREE if people set up a direct debit to provide monthly support to the DSPCA.
Each animal will have the chip implanted by a member of the DSPCA veterinary team, the animals and owners details will be registered on the Pet Trace database and the owner will be provided with a unique identification disc for their animal to wear on their collar. The Pet Trace service is manned 24hours, 7 days per week.
We are delighted to run this microchipping event in conjunction with Maxi Zoo and have been thrilled with the response from our previous events in Bray, Tallaght & Naas, Ballincollig and Middleton.
Microchipping and responsible pet ownership habits are the best means of preventing your animal being lost or stolen. If you want to improve your pet’s chances of getting home, microchipping is your best option as it offers pet owners the only truly permanent method of identifying your pet and linking the animal back to you, the owner.
Pettrace Database has more than 19,000 registered animals, it is owned and managed by the DSPCA, manned 24 hours per day 7 days per week.